Wednesday, July 3, 2013

52 Weeks: Week 26

Week 26 means that the year is half over, wow. D.G. took this week off from work so the first week of D's summer holiday was both easier and busier than an average week.

D.G. being home meant that I could go pick up my new ring sling during nap time as soon as it was finished. Of course it's been way too hot since then to use it but as soon as it cools off a bit we will be using this a lot.



The first week of summer was almost derailed by Mama getting tonsilitis. I tried to fight the sore throat for a week with Vitamin C and zinc and gargling with salt water but when I couldn't swallow without tearing up it was time to go to the doctor. I am SO happy for antibiotics.



Once I was on the mend, we got do some vacation type things, including taking the girls to see the dinosaurs at a theme park about an hour away.  Hearing C.S. saying "dinosaur, RAR" was so cute and D loved it.  Trying to take a self-family-portrait that includes dinosaurs was a beyond my abilities so please pretend that I didn't cut off the apatosaurus' head and that C.S. wasn't facing the dinosaurs instead of the camera.



By the end of the week, it was suddenly very summery and everyone was happy for the pool, even if it's only 5 feet across. I lost track of how many times D was in and out of the pool all weekend.


No comments: