Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 29

Music

I actually avoided music as much as possible in the months after Reid died. Songs either made me horribly sad (all the lyrics could be made to fit my situation) or horribly angry (why did those stupid people keep whining about their insignificant problems?). I ended up crying in the car so many times when I went places with D.G. and D because they insisted on listening to radio stations that played music. D was in the midst of her major Beatles phase during that time (hence the name of this blog) so I couldn't prevent all music from being played in our house. I could handle most of the music on the Number 1's CD, but I always skipped Yesterday. D actually started referring to it as "the sad song" and would rush to skip it herself so mommy didn't start crying again. I still find it impossible to listen to without crying.


1 comment:

Beth said...

It was a rare song for the first six months that I couldn't see SOME relevance in. I needed music like I needed air but it was horrible too. xxx