Monday, October 29, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 28

Memory

So many of my memories from the last 2 and half years are dark and painful. All the darkness definitely has cast a shadow over the 9 months we had with Reid. Maybe someday I'll be able to look back on that time without bitterness over what might have been. 

There are no pretty pictures to go with the dark times. When I was sobbing uncontrollably on the kitchen floor, I never thought, "I should  get out my camera to document this moment for later." Even though I no longer cry like that on a regular basis, I still remember how it felt to cry that way, to need to cry that way and to try to stop the tears before I broke apart completely and permanently.





(trying to stop from falling behind too far because I'm sick yet again)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally get that....and feel the same :(

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Oh, I can relate. I remember sobbing cries on the floor of Acacia's room. Wondering what was real, and what wasn't. And having no idea how I would survive.