Sunday, October 21, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 21

Sacred Space

This is a tough topic for me. My mom once accused me of turning the "baby room" into a shrine because I had all of Reid's things arranged in the crib. It wasn't truly a shrine, it was just a practical way to keep Reid's things safe from his curious and less than gentle big sister. It was also nice to have a space to go and sit with Reid's things and let the tears flow in private. Obviously I had to move everything to make room for C.S. and I was very glad to have a live baby who needed that crib, but the bottom drawer of my dresser is a lot less spacious than a while room. I actually miss looking at Reid's things and sending love his way when I passed by the room while going about daily life. Maybe some day in the future if I end up with a space that is exclusively mine, there will be a physical space devoted to Reid beyond the shelf he has in our living room. For now his space is with me and in the drawings his big sister includes him in.


(He's 2nd from the left between D and C.S.)

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is a fabulous drawing. x

Beth said...

If it was a shrine, what would be wrong with that??? I just don't get why people think it's such a terrible thing to do. xxx