Sunday, July 10, 2011

I guess it's time

A while back Suzy posted asking about how long would a normal person stare at 2 pink lines. Well, I by no means qualify as normal anywhere but here in Dead Baby Land, but I am still staring at mine 7 weeks later. I know it's completely un-hygienic, but I can't bring myself to toss them away so there they sit on the back of the toilet, reassuring me that it really did happen and I am currently knocked up. (We do have an ensuite so D and the general public don't see them.)

Mostly I am anxious and afraid to tell anyone (including you guys), but this is better than the alternatives of either having lost another little one or not conceiving at all. We told everyone right about this point (11 weeks) with both D and Reid but right now we have just told the people who need to know or that are guaranteed to be helpful no matter what happens. We won't be able to keep this a secret for too much longer as I already am showing (thanks to combination of leftover belly and this being #3) and my summer clothes are not good for hiding things.

So far everything is "normal" but I am trying to not let myself get carried away with plans for January and beyond. Please stick with me for the long wait ahead.

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! I look forward to hearing about your journey to your rainbow baby.

crystal said...

Praise God and Congrats!!! I am praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery!!!

Violet1122 said...

Oh my goodness - I just teared up reading your post. Congratulations! I am so excited and happy for you. I pray everything goes smoothly and uneventfully for the rest of this pregnancy.

I left my pregnancy test sticks out on my bathroom counter for months (I know, kinda gross).

This is just wonderful news!

Hanen said...

Oh, so happy to hear this! All fingers and toes crossed for you and this little spark. xxxh

Merry said...

*wrinkles nose*

I knew, I knew!

Lots of love :) I have the tests for all of my latest 3 pregnancies - no idea why i didn't keep the ones for the girls. I was always so sentimental I should have.

Lj82 said...

Congratulations. Healthy and happy thoughts to you! :)

Dana said...

I am so happy for you! I was hoping that the title of this post meant that you were going to announce that you are pregnant! Wow, I am just so happy! I still have all of my tests from Jacob and Cub and don't have any plans to throw them out. I only found out I was pregnant a few days ago, but I still go and look at the 7 tests I've taken several times a day to convince myself. And I have 4 more left to take too.

I'm glad we are pregnant at the same time. So many of the babyloss Mom's I know have already had another pregnancy and birth. We are the second wave and I'm glad we're in it together.

Teni said...

Congratulations!

And I wasn't aware people threw out positive pregnancy tests :-/ I still have the tests from both kids - Ianto's is almost two years old lol

Elaine said...

Congratulations!

I don't throw mine out, hygenic or not. They are in ziploc bags, all three. I can't imagine parting with such good news.

Emily said...

I have all my tests, from both Aidan and Kaia. I don't know when I'll throw them out...maybe never.

Congratulations. I hope this proves to be the 'up swing' you've been waiting for.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, this makes my heart so happy! Congratulations!

I still have my pregnancy tests from Bennett, a little sad I threw out the positive sticks from my first pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Lol.. ditto what Merry said! Congrats mamma....

Missy said...

Congrats to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) I hope you have a most uneventful, boring pregnancy and birth!

Also, I put my pregnancy tests in their baby boxes (removing the part you actually pee on)

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

CONGRATS! I'm smiling so big for you and your family. And I know it's so scary, but I'm so hopeful too.

And hmmm, kinda wish I still had my positive pregnancy tests. When I kept looking at mine, my husband told me to take a picture of it, so that's what I did and then threw it out. Maybe without a picture I would have kept the stick.

Sticking in with you for the long wait ahead!

JoyAndSorrow said...

Congrats! Positive vibes sent your way. xo

Danae said...

Congratulations!!! This is so refreshing to read! I took pictures of mine and didn't keep the actual ones, but I will admit to digging them out of the bathroom trash (yes, disgusting, I know) and looking at them again at different times...

Wishing you a happy and healthy and very uneventful 9 months!!

Shaina Gadow said...

Congratulations!! I will be sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers.

I too recently found out I am expecting my rainbow baby. It is scary, but also exciting. :)

Jeanette said...

How did I miss this post? Such wonderful news, wishing you all the very best. x