Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deja vu (well almost)

The universe has decided to play another cruel trick on me. I just got D.G. all bundled up and sent him out to the Grey Cup (the Canadian equivalent of the Superbowl for my friends who live a little further south). A year ago, we watched our favorite team lose the 2009 Grey Cup in overtime. Shortly after, D.G. started making plans to go the the 2010 game because it would be played here in Edmonton. I was never planning to go to the game because I KNEW I would have a baby who needed me to provide their beverage of choice and finding a babysitter for a 3 year old and a 7 month old would be next to impossible.
Our favorite team is playing for the Grey Cup again, they are even playing against the same team as last year. And I am not going to the game because being in a stadium with 60,000 happy/excited/drunk people is something I can't do. I don't even want to watch the game on TV because it just makes me think about last year and what should be happening right now.
And on top of that I feel so stupid because back in June for some bizarre reason, I thought I would be able to do it and I spent $145 on a ticket. No wait I know the bizarre reason: in June I thought I WOULD BE PREGNANT by now and that I would have some hope of being some type of happy again.

2 comments:

Lareina said...

Sending you hugz... I was thinking of you all day today. Mike's family is over watching the Grey Cup and I'm not very into it either. I went to the "party" last year but wasn't into it at all either and this year isn't a lot different. Hugz.

Dana said...

I don't even like being at the mall, especially now with all the Christmas music on and everyone walking around all cheerfully. I couldn't take being in a stadium with thousands of people like that.

Life does not work out the way we want it/plan it. I'm trying hard to accept that and to just take what comes. It is never easy though.