Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another day we should be celebrating

Today is our ninth wedding anniversary. We got married on Thanksgiving weekend (the 2nd weekend in October for all my American readers) in my tiny, little home town. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm and lots of beautiful fall leaves. We could not have ordered better weather which is good because it's not unheard of for it to snow Thanksgiving weekend in SK.


Those two people had a pretty good run for the first 8 and a half years of marriage. Not perfect, but still good enough that on their last anniversary her FB status said something about eight great years together. I wish I could go back to last year and warn those people that things were going to change and not way they had planned. I wish I could tell them they would be very different people by their 9th anniversary.

8 comments:

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

Happy anniversary...

Jessica said...

Happy anniversary... I wish things hadn't changed for you (((hugs))) <3

Dana said...

Happy anniversary.

I find it strange to look at photos of my husband and I before we lost Jacob. I just keep thinking that those two people (as if they aren't us) have a very hard road ahead of them and that they will never feel as happy as they once did. I see pictures of myself and am amazed at the way I'm smiling. Pure happiness seems so foreign to me now...

Lareina said...

Happy Anniversary, hun... I know your 9th anniversary is nowhere near what you expected it to be but it's an amazing feat to be together as long as you have and I'm sure Reid is smiling down on his Mommy and Daddy today from heaven, happy that a 9th anniversary is happening after all you've been through. He wants you to be happy hun... he knows you love him and miss him but he wants to see you be happy again, even if it is with a hole in your heart where he should have been. Hugz.

Anonymous said...

the bond between husband and wife is the strongest of all.

cheers my love. may you both celebrate the love you share like teenagers!

-j:

Violet1122 said...

Not sure what your vows were, but the "for better or for worse" phrase sticks in my mind nowdays. I never thought the bad days would be happening to us so soon.

That being said... I hope you had a good anniversary overall. I know things aren't the same, and will never be the same. But I hope you were able to celebrate the good times you have shared together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...
I was looking at pictures just the other day.. from only a few months ago when life was so very different. My smile, my warmth, my naivete... I so wish I could go back.

I think I have aged at least 10 years in the last few weeks.

Beth said...

we had a party for our fifth wedding anniversary last march. it was great.

this year's anniversary... it was hard. so hard to remember how happy we'd been the year before.