Sunday, August 8, 2010

Various Therapies

I went back to my acupuncturist last week. This was big for me because I had only seen her for treatments when I was trying to go into labour with Reid and because she is now pregnant herself.
(with baby #4 no less but another friend told me this ahead of time so I didn't get a nasty surprise. I used to like finding out other people were pregnant, now it's nasty, how lovely.) She worked on some points that are supposed to help with focus and concentration, but my brain is still mush and I forget everything so it didn't work. I did feel less anxious but I think that was due to my mom being here. There was some crying at the session, but not a ridiculous amount so I think I will go back again. (Even it is just to have her work on the fertility related points that could help me get pregnant again)

On Friday, I am going to see a counselor through DH"s Employee Assistance Program (not mine as previously mentioned) . We'll see how that goes.

Has anyone else tried any "alternative" therapies for dealing with grief?

2 comments:

Violet1122 said...

Hello,

I'm new to your blog, and I just finished reading Reid's story. I don't even know you, but your description of Reid's birth had me in tears.

I'm so, so sorry he is not with you right now. It's just not right.

We have to endure the actual moment we lose our babies - and then comes the long days and weeks and months of hell.

I don't really know what else I can say - but please know I'm thinking of you and praying you can find some moments of peace.

Megan said...

I'm thinking of trying the alternative therapy of hating happy people in general, but specifically those with new babies. It seems like a good plan today anyway. Bitter, yes?

I lost my daughter 6 months ago. I "get it" but I wish I didn't. Dead baby land is a place of complete and total suck.

Just found your blog, I love your "voice" May I add you to my favorites bloggers on my blog??