Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stuck

The weather has found a way to make life more miserable. Well it's not exactly weather but it is smoky, extremely smoky. (The forest fires are a province away but the smoke is here) Everything smells like smoke and everyone with chronic lung problems (which includes my asthmatic self) has been warned to stay inside. It's only been one day and D is sick of being stuck inside. Ugh, I may be forced to do something I really don't want to do like take her to the rec centre. Which is worse, being seen in a bathing suit or being stuck in the indoor playground full of moms with preschoolers and new babies?

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sorry it's so smoky there. Hope you can get outside soon. I'm not sure if the bathing suit or the indoor playground is worse. I guess it's a case of picking the lesser of two evils.

Elaine said...

that's horrible, we hear about the fires on the news but I never realized it affected other provinces. Hoping you can find somewhere safe and fun to take D.

Sadkitty said...

I would feel so much worse in the room full of other moms et al. But then again, I don't care how i look in a swimsuit. i would go for the pool. It's kind of like exercise.