Saturday, April 24, 2010

Today

Today my son should have been 3 weeks old, instead he has been dead for 3 weeks. I think it hurts more now than it did right after he died because I have had time to realize how much we have lost. Sometimes I still can't believe that this is really my life, that I carried my big, beautiful baby for 38 1/2 weeks and then the second he was delivered, he was gone.

Sorry for the cheesy blog title but it feels right for me. My daughter is obsessed with the Beatles right now and requests Hello Goodbye a dozen times a day. Then while ready Empty Cradle, Broken Heart today, I came across the phrase again, so Hello Goodbye it is.

2 comments:

Lareina said...

Some days it totally does feel worse. I can agree with you there. And I love the title of your blog. It's perfect and very fitting. Hugz.

Glo said...

Coming from Lareina's blog...

Nothing wrong with that title it's fitting. If you haven't already check out the song Smallest & Wingless by Craig Cardiff.

I am so sorry you had to say hello and goodbye to Reid all at once.